In order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 through our community we have decided to take the proactive decision to close our office starting Wednesday, March 25, 2020. The American Optometric Association and CDC have recommended ceasing routine vision exams at this time to help with social distancing. We are taking this week by week and will continue to update you through our website and on our social media outlets. (If you currently are not following us on Facebook or Instagram, you may want to consider doing so at this time for the latest, most up-to-date, information from us.)
This is a very difficult decision, as we are a small, family owned business and have team members and their families that rely on us to remain open. On the other hand, we must be responsible physicians and do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of our families and patients will always come first. Please consider supporting us in the future by coming in for exams/specialty care and purchasing your contact lenses/glasses from us to help recover from these unprecedented times.
Be assured that we are still available to triage all urgent and emergent issues in order to keep eye related emergencies away from the hospitals that need to focus on being prepared to handle COVID-19 related visits.
What does this mean?
1) If you are scheduled for a routine vision examination/evaluation during this pandemic, we will be contacting you for rescheduling.
2) If you have glasses or contacts to pick up, please leave a message on the office voicemail and we will call you back within 48 hours to set up an appointment. We will bring your glasses or contacts to your car.
3) If you need to replace glasses or contact lenses and need an extension on your prescription, please call us and leave a message on the office voicemail and we will call you back within 48 hours.
4) If you are running out of a medication, please leave a message on the office voicemail and we will transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy within 48 hours.
5) If you have an ocular emergency, we are available to help you at any time. Call 717-240-9028 and leave your number on the pager. One of our doctors will get back to you to triage your phone call ASAP.
During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care and food/drink supplies. Let’s all work together to get life back to normal as soon as possible.
We are all in this together and we will weather this storm!
With sincerest wishes for your continued good health we remain at your service.
Yealy Eye Care Family